Happy Valentine’s Day Smileys and Wine Enthusiasts!
Thank you so much for joining me in this Series. I truly enjoyed tasting all of these sweet wines with you and for you. And thank you to all of you who have reached out and asked me for Sweet Wine recommendations. I appreciate all of your support and encouragement in this blogging journey.
I wanted to end this Series by sharing with you the wine that I will be serving this evening and the meal that I am pairing alongside it.
- Wine: Dr. Loosen Blue Slate Riesling Kabinett
- Vintage: 2017
- Region: Blue Slate Vineyards located in the middle of Mosel, Germany
- Sight/Clarity: Clear with a hint of effervescence.
- Bouquet: Minerals in the Ocean, Oyster, Salt Water
- Taste: A light Moscato with notes of mineral and hints of fuzzy peach. There is a nice acidity in the wine that creates this soft, glossy, refreshing feel on the sides of my cheeks.
- Overall: This wine reminds me of Pier 39 in San Francisco. Drinking this wine floods my memory with the wonderful times that I spent there with My Forever Valentine. How exciting that we will get to enjoy this wine together this evening and reminiscence on shared memories.
- Pairing: This wine you can enjoy as an aperitif (on it’s own) or serve with spicy dishes. Asian and Seafood dishes would also pair nicely with this wine.
I will be pairing this Riesling with Quail stuffed with Jalapeno and wrapped in Bacon, Sauteed Potatoes and Peppers; and an Oven Roasted Squash Medley. For dessert, we will be having cocoa cinnamon rolls with a marshmallow creme glaze.
I hope this weekend is filled with loving memories with friends, families and cherished ones. Enjoy your time with yourself and with others.
XOXO, Smiling Danny